“Pet Friendly Jet Charter: Flying in-cabin and in-style”
Each Caribbean island has varying rules and regulations as to traveling with pets. Caribbean Charter Flights works closely with various agencies to ensure that the process is as simple and transparent as possible in each location. Provided all the documentation is correct and up-to-date, we are able to make all the arrangements, ensuring your animal’s welfare and comfort at all times.
A commercial flight can be a difficult experience for your pet and (unlike on a commercial flight) this trauma can be lessened on a private jet charter.
There are many different reasons for chartering a private aircraft to fly with your pet instead of traveling by commercial airline:
- Summer/Winter Embargoes: During the summer when temperature exceeds 84° degrees F (29° degrees C) on the runway, many airlines will not accept a pet as checked baggage or as cargo. During the colder months, airlines will not transport your pet if the temperatures fall below 45° degrees F (7° degrees C).
- Number of Pets Traveling with You: Most airlines limit you to one pet per passenger in the cabin. If you have multiple pets or the pets are traveling unaccompanied, then they will need to travel as checked baggage or as cargo.
- Breed of Pet: many airlines will not accept snub nose breeds such as Persian cats, Bulldogs, Pugs and Shih-Tzus in the cargo hold as they may develop breathing problems at high altitudes.
- Size: In today’s world of shrinking airline seats, it is getting more and more difficult to take your pet in the cabin of the aircraft. If your best friend is over 15 pounds (6 kg) or more than 12 inches (30 cm) tall, then it will probably have to fly in the cargo hold (depending on the airline). This section of the cargo is pressurized and temperature controlled, but you might be concerned about putting your pet in the cargo hold of a commercial airline.
- Immigration Requirements – many countries in the Caribbean will only allow pets to land as manifest cargo and not in the cabin.
Why arrange a private charter when traveling with pets?
- Your pet always travels in the cabin with you.
- No size or breed restrictions.
- No crowded airports or long TSA lines.
- You choose a schedule that meets your needs.
- You choose your type of aircraft.
- You choose your in-flight catering menu for you and your pet.
- Jets are luxurious and designed to service the needs of you and your pet.
- Traveling with your pet is permitted all year long – no summer heat embargo.