Caribbean Charter Flights is committed to the highest levels of Industry Safety Standards and has a comprehensive Safety Policy, with you the customer in mind. Our Operations team is made up of highly trained and experienced aviation professionals led by Capt. Erik Besancon, an active Boeing 737 Airline Pilot with over 15 years of experience.
Flight Safety Standards are a combination of:
- Thoroughly equipped and maintained aircraft
- Experienced pilots with extensive training and a high amount of flying hours
- Private charter aircraft operators who by law, complete a thorough process by which they satisfy the relevant country’s Aviation Authority that they are competent to secure the safe operation of aircraft.
All our Operators are:
- Certified Part 135 (or local equivalent) Charter Operators, required to adhere to Safety Requirements set forth by the Federal Aviation Administration or their respective Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Certified ARG/US and/or Wyvern operators (US Jet Operators only) which meet the highest Flight Safety Standards in the industry.
This process audits the following areas:
- Company Safety policy
- Management & organizational competence
- Average aircraft age & Part 145 maintenance compliance
Before every flight, we also check:
- Operational control of the aircraft. This assures that your flight has not been brokered to another air charter operator without your knowledge
- The aircraft operator’s safety records and current Air Operator Certification (A.O.C.)
- That the aircraft operator meets Caribbean Charter Flights insurance requirements
- The pilots’ certification and type ratings
- The pilots’ experience in that aircraft
- The pilots’ record of accidents, incidents, and enforcement actions
- That the pilots’ medical and training requirements are up to date
- USA: FAA – Federal Aviation Administration
- Eastern Caribbean: ECAA – Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority
- UK Overseas Territories: ASSI – Air Safety Support International
- French Caribbean: DSAC– Direction Général de l’Aviation Civile
- Dutch Caribbean: DC-ANSP – Dutch Caribbean Air Navigation Service Provider
- Barbados: BCAD – Barbados Civil Aviation Department
- Trinidad & Tobago: CAA-TT – Civil Aviation Authority Trinidad and Tobago
- Dominican Republic: IDAC – Instituto Dominicano de Aviacion Civil
- Turks & Caicos: TCICAA – Turks & Caicos Civil Aviation Authority
Over and above the obligatory AOC (Air Operator Certificate) requirements, Caribbean Charter Flights further conducts its own due diligence process before inviting operators to be part of the network. Criteria are based on both safety and compliance with a consistent VIP customer service standard in mind.